Coimbra World Piano Meeting
Coimbra World Piano Duo Competition
Coimbra World Piano Duo Competition 2019
During the Masterclasses, two Piano Duos will be selected to perform Double Concertos by Bach and Mozart with a professional orchestra.
Selection Round (min. 15 minutes/max. 20 minutes)
The program is free choice with works for two pianos, but must include one movement of one of the following works:
J. S. Bach – Concerto for two harpsichords, BWV 1061a
W. A. Mozart – Sonata in D major, K. 448
Final Round (with piano accompaniment)
Up to 3 finalists must perform the following concertos (both):
J. S. Bach: Double Concerto in C minor, BWV 1060
W. A. Mozart: Concerto for two pianos, K.365/316a, in E flat major
Concert with Orchestra (9th February 2019)
First and second prizes will perform with orchestra one of the concertos of the final round, in the closing concert of the festival.
The jury will decide which concerto each prize winner will perform.
1. Competitors who are not ready to perform when called upon to do so may be disqualified.
2. The Jury retains the right to stop a performance if the competitor exceeds the allotted time.
3. Competitors cannot appeal against the decisions of the Jury.
4. All faculty professors will be invited to be part of the jury.
5. The jury reserves the right to select less finalists/prizewinners if the level of the performances is below the standard considered appropriate by the jury to perform as soloist with orchestra.