Coimbra World Piano Meeting
Special Prize Best Portuguese Contestant
Selection Round (25th January 2020)
-1 Etude, among the following:
Chopin – Op. 10 nr. 1/2/4/7/8/11 or Op. 25 nr. 6/8/10/11
Debussy – Pour les degrés chromatiques / Pour les arpèges composés
Liszt – Transcendental Etudes: “Mazeppa” / “Feux Follets” / “Wilde Jagd” / “Allegro Agitato Molto” / “Chasse-neige”
Prokofiev – Op. 2 nr. 1 or 3
Rachmaninov – Op 33/6 or Op.39 nr. 3 or 6
– 1 or more works by J. S. Bach
FINAL STAGE, with second piano (1ST FEBRUARY 2020)
Concert with Orchestra (2nd February 2020)
One pianist will be chosen in the final round to perform with orchestra the following concerto: J. S. Bach, Concerto BWV 1055, in A major
1. Competitors who are not ready to perform when called upon to do so may be disqualified.
2. The Jury retains the right to stop a performance if the competitor exceeds the allotted time.
3. Competitors cannot appeal against the decisions of the Jury.
4. The jury reserves the right not to select a prizewinner if the level of the performances is below the standard considered appropriate by the jury to perform as soloist with orchestra.
5. This category is open for pianists with portuguese nationality or citizenship.