Coimbra World Piano Meeting
Special Prize Young Talent
Special Prize Young talent 2020
During the masterclasses, one young pianists under 18 years old will be selected to perform with orchestra.
Selection Round (1st February 2020)
-1 Etude, among the following:
Chopin – Op. 10 nr. 1/2/4/7/8/11 or Op. 25 nr. 6/8/10/11
Debussy – Pour les degrés chromatiques / Pour les arpèges composés
Liszt – Transcendental Etudes: “Mazeppa” / “Feux Follets” / “Wilde Jagd” / “Allegro Agitato Molto” / “Chasse-neige”
Prokofiev – Op. 2 nr. 1 or 3
Rachmaninov – Op 33/6 or Op.39 nr. 3 or 6
– 1 fast and one slow movement of a Beethoven Piano Sonata, without repetitions.
The jury will finish the candidate’s audition at the 12th minute.
Concert with Orchestra (2nd February 2020)
One pianist will be chosen in the selection round to perform with orchestra the following concerto: L. van Beethoven – Concerto no. 1, Op. 15, in C major.
1. Competitors who are not ready to perform when called upon to do so may be disqualified.
2. The Jury retains the right to stop a performance if the competitor exceeds the allotted time.
3. Competitors cannot appeal against the decisions of the Jury.
4. The jury reserves the right not to select a prizewinner if the level of the performances is below the standard considered appropriate by the jury to perform as soloist with orchestra.
5. The candidate must be 17 years old or younger on the 2nd february 2020