Coimbra World Piano Meeting
Special Prize "W. A. Mozart"
Special Prize "W. A. Mozart" 2022
During the Winter event, one participant will be selected to perform with orchestra.
Selection Round (2nd February 2022)
- One Virtuoso Etude by Chopin, Liszt, Debussy, Rachmaninoff, Scriabin or Prokofiev
- One determinant free choice work
The jury will finish the candidate’s audition at the 12th minute.
Final (4th February 2022)
6 pianists may be admitted.
Repertoire (max. 20 minutes):
Free choice program which must include one work by W. A. Mozart from the following list:
- Fantasia K475
The work by Mozart must be fully performed. Repeats are at the Competitor’s discretion.
Concert with Orchestra (6th February 2022)
One pianist will be chosen to perform with orchestra the following concerto:
W. A. Mozart – Piano Concerto No. 12 in A major, K. 414
1. Competitors who are not ready to perform when called upon to do so may be disqualified.
2. The Jury retains the right to stop a performance if the competitor exceeds the allotted time.
3. Competitors cannot appeal against the decisions of the Jury.
4. Works must be performed by memory.
5. The jury reserves the right to select less finalists/prizewinners if the level of the performances is below the standard considered appropriate by the jury to perform as soloist with orchestra.